Fans of No.5, listen up. There’s a
new perfume player in town…
Although Chanel has released plenty of “flanker” fragrances over the years (versions of their classics such as No.5 Eau Fraiche etc.) but there’s soon to be a new addition to Chanel perfume canon – Gabrielle Chanel, and we couldn’t be more excited. Launching 1 September, we’ve sniffed out some fun facts for if you’re feeling nosey…
- It’s named after Madame Chanel herself.
- Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel was the formidable founder of the Chanel fashion house, and helped change the way women dressed (and smelled!) in the 20th Century.
- The scent itself is a gorgeous white floral…
- … that fans of No.5 will definitely appreciate. Without being too overpowering, it contains a feminine and addictive blend of jasmine, Ylang Ylang, orange blossom and tuberose that’s perfect both for work and partying the night away!
- The bottle is super slim and delicate
- Not the traditional chunky glass bottles we’re used to, Gabrielle is a lot more streamlined right down to the base.
- It’s the first completely new scent Chanel have launched in 15 years
- So it’s safe to say this is a pretty big deal in the world of fragrance and fashion. It launched to a star-studded bash, which saw Pharrell and Katy Perry perform together
- The ‘nose’ behind it is Chanel regular Olivier Polge
- He was responsible for classics such as last year’s No. 5 L’Eau and Boy Chanel, as well as creating perfumes for Burberry, Balenciaga and Dolce & Gabbana to name but a few…
- It’s £79 for 50ml which is certainly an investment, but a lot cheaper than a Chanel handbag! It’s available at department stores like Selfridges and of course the Chanel boutiques.